Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Words to Live By!

I love reading everyone's blogs! I gain so many wonderful insights! I was reading my friend Laura's blog and I loved what she wrote so much that I wanted to share it with you all! I think we can all apply it in some way!

She wrote, "Today a testimony was borne in church that made me realise something important and quite profound...

Christ atoned for our sins. He suffered for us. He suffered for us and he did it willingly. Christ suffered so much pain I can't even imagine and I'm responsible for some of it. He died for us an excruciating death. He suffered and died and doesn't hold a grudge. He did it because he loves us. He doesn't hold a grudge!

If Jesus doesn't hold a grudge against me for the stupid things I've done that take me off the path that he's set for me by suffering and dying for me then I'm certainly not going to take my time when it comes to forgiving people.

I want things to be different but there's nothing I can do to change them. I'm ready and willing for them to change. My arms are open, ready to hold on to that little sister that doesn't want me right now. Do your worst (except don't), I'm never going to hate you and I'll always be here waiting even if it takes eternity. That's the way I've been taught. I love you. Forgive me of anything I've done that's hurt or upset you. I would never do that on purpose. I think you know that.

Life doesn't have to be as hard as we make it and I pray to God that we don't need a tragedy to make us behave more like family but I've seen it for myself, people survive tragedies.
"Life is only as good as the memories we make...""

I found this so uplifting! What great principles to live by! My favorite part is that Christ doesn't hold grudges and neither should I!

0 comments: