Sunday, October 11, 2009

Birthday, Moving, and other Henderson Happenings!

Ok, so here is the first post in meeting my new goal. October started out with my birthday, which I have been less and less excited about each year older I get. I'm not sure if this is because we can't afford to really celebrate or what. This year things were pretty low key although we did splurge and go out to dinner. The best part what the next day. Chris had to work and told me that the other guys' families were coming in for dinner instead of lunch and to be there at 6. It is unusual for him to give me an exact time since they never know when they will get a call but he did. When we got there they had a pizza and a movie set up for the kids and took us wives into the other room where they had made us a candle lit dinner complete with two waiters (the two single guys on the shift)! They had a medic student working with them who watched the kids while we ate a wonderful dinner and had cake for my birthday! It was awesome and so thoughtful of them!

We got some great news a few weeks ago! We got into the subsidized housing that we applied for back in January! We get the keys and can start moving in this Thursday. We will have the rest of the month to actually move so we don't have to rush. We are sad to be leaving our ward and the many friends that we have made but we will only be a block and h half away so we can still hang out!

In other news Samantha is becoming such a wonderful "big" girl! She loves being a big sister and helping Mommy take care of "Ashee" (as she calls her). We have been babysitting on of our neighbor's daughter who is just a few months younger than Samantha and they love playing together. Samantha is very "mothering" or in other words bossy but we are working on that. Some of her favorite things right now are coloring, nursery, singing songs (especially primary songs), holding Ashley, and of course playing outside with her friends (which doesn't happen a soften since its been so cold). She talks so much and is getting easier to understand. She even counts to ten with some help and can read the names, Samantha, Ashley, Mommy and Daddy!

Ashley has been very busy learning so much! She is loving baby food and eats so much! she army crawls and is really trying to crawl. She can sit up without support for about a minute before she loses her balance, but she gets better at it each day. She loves terrorizing Samantha and love the reaction she gets whenever she gets one of her sister's toys or grabs on to her clothes. I have been frustrated trying to find clothes from when Samantha was little that fit her right now. She is quite a bit skinnier than Samantha was so everything is too big.

Chris has been SO busy with the medic program, and the internship we don't get to see him as much as we would like to. He is working so hard and learning so much! Its fun to be able to understand the things he's learning since I have worked in the EMS field. He has been able to practice things like starting IV's on me which has been fun. We are excited to see him getting closer to graduation even though we still have over a year left. He enjoys working at the fire department and the extra experience that he is getting there.

As for me, I am taking one class this semester but I have definitely been keeping busy! Between the kids, babysitting, homework, housework and getting ready to move I find myself exhausted by the end of the day! I am enjoying my class which is a Book of Mormon class. It is online but we have a discussion board each week that has really helped me gain new insight into the teachings of the Book of Mormon. I have really enjoyed watching the girls interact and learn from each other. OH yeah and I got my hair cut! I cut eight inches off and am So glad I did! Sorry I don't have many pictures with it yet but hopefully you can tell. Well, I guess that's enough for today. Now for some pictures.
Everyone on Chris' shift minus the "waiters" at our candle lit dinner!
You can't really see it but my hair is cut in this picture.
Yummy!
So happy!Cooking with Daddy!
Samantha's bad hair day! They were having fun cuddling!
The wives got to climb the ladder on the ladder truck at the fire station! So high and scary when the wind makes it sway! I don't like heights!

3 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

Im liking your new goal! You will start to get addicted! What a thoughtful and fun birthday. Just wait until you get to my age and you do actually start to forget how old you are.

I told John having the first week of Oct be canning week and 2 road trips to football games was bad news because we had missed 4 birthdays by the time I flipped the calendar!

Card is on the way....

Scott and Lori Smith said...

Your moving??!!!!! Sad! Oh sad day. But at least you got into subsidized housing. However I don't think you'll find any ward as cool as ours. Oh man! Well, let Scott and I know if you need any help moving!g

Boons said...

Thanks for the update! It was fun to talk to you the other day too. I love your hair cut! It looks really good on you. The girls are getting so big!