Sunday, November 8, 2009

Halloween, Swine Flu, and the Ball!

I know it has been more than a week since my last post but you can blame the swine flu! Yes both of the girls got it or what the doctors believe was it (they aren't testing people here specifically for swine flu anymore unless they are hospitalized but they did test positive for flu). They were both really sick though and on top of that I was already sick but not with the flu, thankfully! We were lucky not to have to go to the hospital although at one point I seriously considered it for Samantha. We are feeling much better now though, so we can get back to unpacking.

I suppose I should go back to Halloween though since I haven't posted pictures yet. We went to the trunk or treat at our old apartment complex but only stayed for about an hour because the girls were just beginning to get sick. Samantha was the cutest Dorothy and Ashley was the cutest Pumpkin EVER! Even though we had a shoe crisis for our Dorothy we were able to improvise and she turned out great! We lost one of her shoes somewhere in the move and couldn't find it just hours before the trunk or treat so we had to buy some black shoes and use red glitter glue to make them sparkly. They turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself. The group picture of Halloween also has Tk, Tia and the boys in it, in case you were wondering.

Chris and I were able to go to the Fireman's Ball in Idaho Falls with all of the guys on his shift and their wives/dates. The entire day was so nice! One of the assistant chiefs owns a Paul Mitchell Hair School here in Rexburg and he treated all of the wives to free pampering! We were told to pick any two things and enjoy ourselves! I got a facial for the first time and an awesome scalp treatment massage thingy, after which they did my hair for the ball. Chris stayed with the girls while I got pampered and then our wonderful friends Hillary and Cameron came and watched the girls while we were gone. It was so nice to get a night out with Chris and nice for him to get a break also.


The video is from a while back but I found it and thought you all would too! Samantha loves playing with Ashley and making her laugh!










4 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

The shoes did turn out cute! Sorry to hear about the swine flu...thats horrible! I was sick yesterday and about died. Im glad kids are braver than I am when it comes to being sick.

You looked beautiful at the ball!

Emily said...

Your little girls are so funny playing together. It looks like they enjoy each other's company alot!

ps. the Dorothy shoes look great! I would have never guessed your glitter glue secret. :)

Sis. Stokes said...

those pictures are great! you two look awesome. It looks like you matched on purpose. I'm glad the jacket fit. Those are fun pictures of the girls too. I'm glad they're feeling better. Looking forward to Sam's big day!

Boons said...

Samantha makes the perfect Dorothy! Good job on her costume! Cute picture of you and Chris too! Glad you guys are doing better. You've had quite a busy month with moving, being sick, and the rest of life! Wish we lived closer so we could have helped out.